As far as India’s IT sector is concerned, the coming years are of tremendous boom. Currently the IT sector is creating numerous employment opportunities and is paving way to remarkable entrepreneurial ventures. As a separate sphere of action, Information Technology enabled services (ITes) are now prompting different associations on working upon how to best utilize the information technology (IT) potential in accomplishing their business targets. Nevertheless, such services also need to fulfil the compliance & benchmarks of reliability and data safety, such as GDPR compliance and ISO certification for data management.
Well, this can be a complete guide that will tell how to be a perfect information technology consultant.
First, we must learn about the current scope in information technology consultancy business.
- Scope of IT Consultancy in India
It can never be negated that the scope is immense in the IT profession and there is a vast sea of opportunities for an IT professional in the consultancy business.
- Today, India’s IT and ITeS sector has been developed to the tune of US$ 181 billion, as of FY 2018-19.
- Export in this business has expanded to US$ 137 billion in FY 2019-20, whereas the domestic incomes (counting hardware equipment as well) have progressed to the tune of US$ 44 billion.
- Overall Spending on Information Technology sector in India has surprisingly developed much beyond 9%, and has now reached above US$ 87.1 billion in FY 2018-19.
- By the FY 2025-26, the anticipated growth of Information Technology sector will be US$ 350 billion
- Besides, the total Income from digital marketing is predict to contain 38 percent of industry income.
- Shining prospects in the IT Consultancy in India
Indian IT’s centre abilities and qualities have pulled in huge ventures from significant nations. The PC programming and equipment part in India pulled in massive Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) inflows worth of US$ 37.23 billion in the past 19 years, i.e. April 2000 and March 2019.
This makes India position second in respect of inflow of FDI, according to data released by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT).
- Leading IT firms in IT consultancy business
Today, the Indian IT firms are having a leading edge over the prominent IT MNCs, after entering the consultancy business. Some of them are as follows:
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) and
- Tech Mahindra
These are some IT companies that have broadened their contributions and have displayed their potential through blockchain and delivering AI related services to their target clients, thus utilizing advancement centre points, innovative work focuses, so as to make remarkable contribution in IT sector.
- Conducting of the IT consultancy business
When an entrepreneur has characterized the necessities to take a business to the following level also a project manager will characterize a degree, cost and a time involved in the project. Now, the job of the IT consultant organization is to help & support the organization from the earliest initial point of the task until the end, and convey the undertaking in the extension, time and cost yet additionally with complete client satisfaction.
- Role of ISO certification
Today we are living in the progressive age of cloud computing. The major problem is data leakage, which can negatively affect the reputation of an Information Technology (IT) consultant firm. Hence, the IT consultant services also need to conform to the globally benchmark of steadfastness and data safety, i.e. ISO certification in India for data management or ISO 27001:2013.
- ISO 27001 certification will give full guarantee of complete security of your data.
- Data security management is a primary concern particularly for the clients such as financial institutions, banks, insurance companies, etc.
- ISO certification for data management is essential to increase the trustworthiness of you IT concern.
- Employment generation through IT consultancy business
There is no doubt that one can become a great job creator, rather than merely being a job seeker. By beginning the IT consultant business. Here are some statistics to support this:-
- Nasscom has propelled an online stage which is gone for up-skilling more than 2 million technology experts and skilling another 2 million potential workers and understudies.
- Income development in the BFSI vertical remained at 6.80 percent y-o-y between July-September 2018.
- As of March 2018, there were more than 1,140 GICs working out of India.
- PE interests in the segment remained at US$ 2,400 million in Q4 2018.
- Funding (VC) interests in the IT and ITeS area remained at US$ 53.0 million during Q4 2018
- Undertaking perusing and arrangements
The typical issue is that an entrepreneur doesn’t have a clue about the detail of what the venture will definitely convey until it begins the procedure. As a rule, the steady exertion in certain activities can prompt huge budgetary misfortune
- Business procedure and framework plan
The extent of a task is connected personally to the proposed business procedures and frameworks that the venture will convey. Notwithstanding whether the venture is to dispatch another item range or suspend unbeneficial parts of the business. The change will have some effect on business procedures and frameworks. The documentation of your business procedures and framework prerequisites are as key to extend checking as an engineer’s plans would be to the costing and perusing of the development of a structure.